DAILY INNOVATION BRIEF by Maryanne Kane, Journalist
DAILY INNOVATION BRIEF
By Journalists Edward Kane & Maryanne Kane
PORSCHE'S LUXURY CAMPER - "GLAMPING"
- VW's iconic, luxury automaker Porsche has partnered with top US travel-trailer maker Airstream to create the ultimate in luxury, glamorous, camping
- British newspaper "Daily Mail" is calling the experience "Glamping"
- It's called the Studio F.A. Porsche Concept Travel Trailer
- The luxury camper features cooking and sleeping spaces, storage and enough space to walk around
- At 16 feet long, it can fit into a garage
- The camper contains unique tech suspension that allows it to be lowered to the ground for easier access and for storage in a garage
- It has a luxurious interior, reclining seats, TV on the ceiling, pop-top roof and more
- The collaborators consider it "an innovation exercise" to create products for tomorrow
- Porsche & Airstream call it a " vision of what an urban inspired camper could look like"
- The "Glamper" is a concept and the partners haven't disclosed a price on it yet.
DISNEY'S ROLLERBLADING, SUMMERSAULTING ROBOT
- Disney just unveiled an adorable, child-sized robot that can rollerblade, climb out of a box and summersault
- The next G robot is designed to make an emotional connection with Disney Park visitors to let them connect with the joy of having fun like roller skating
- It is expected to go into service first to greet and entertain visitors at the Shanghai Disney Park
- Disney is using high-performance materials & mechanical scaling effects to make the robot dynamic & tough
- The robot is also empowered with motion-capture data to enable its motions to be perceived as fluid and emotional
- Disney also unveiled at the South by Southwest (SXSW) event this weekend in Austin, TX, a real-time talking, tiny Tinkerbelle in a lantern that interacts and responds in R/T conversations...tech from beautiful fairytales that's about as good as it gets.
LILIUM AIR TAXI - ONWARDS & UPWARDS
- Germany-based air taxi maker Lilium says its e-VTOL can travel & has been test flighted in Spain at 250 km/h (155 mph) & will deploy as a regional air taxi within 2 years
- Lilium has been one of the leading new air taxi startups and it says the speed achievements have moved it to certification in 2025
- Lilium's aircraft are unusual in that they are configured like a jet, with fixed engine parts & no exposed propellers
- It's propelled by Ducted Electric Vectored Thrust with electric jet engines integrated into the wing flaps
- Company says the proprietary tech provides aerodynamic efficiency, lower noise, capability to carry bigger payloads & more maneuverability in all phases of flight
- This is a vehicle to watch as it is powered by different technology, provides lower noise & zero emissions.
For more news stories like this, The Future of Flying
Post a Comment