New Kia EV9 Can Drive Itself
Big Electric SUV
Source: Kia EV 9
Goes Into Production 1st Half of 2023
Here are the key details on the new Kia EV 9 electric SUV:
- First Kia EV with Level 3 autonomous driving
- Big electric SUV with 3 rows of seating
- Boxy vehicle with spacious interior
- Uses the same E-GMP platform as the Kia EV 6
- Driving range of 300 miles on a charge
- Takes less than 30 minutes to recharge up to 350-Kw
- Starting price estimated at $50,000, which is lower than other EVs with three rows of seating
- First Kia with new HDP system of autonomous driving
- After the EV 9, Kia EVs will be equipped with the HDP, Level 3 autonomous driving system
- EV 9 will be offered in the US, but first models may not deploy Level 3 driving because of US regulations.
- Level 3 driving requires the driver to take control of the wheel only in emergency situations like an impending accident.