Sony Honda's New EV Afeela
Afeela Unveiled at CES 2023
Source: Sony Honda Mobility
Afeela Emphasizes "Feeling" & Communication
Sony Honda Mobility just unveiled at CES 2023 their new EV brand, Afeela. Here are some key details on the first Afeela concept car:
- Prototype is an all-electric, mid-sized sedan
- It's loaded with interactive technologies and AI for interactive mobility communications for those inside and outside of the car
- EV detects and understands people through its camera sensors and AI
- 45 cameras and sensors inside and outside the car
- Sensors are so sensitive that they can access the driver's physical well-being to ensure safety
- Media bar built into the front bumper interacts and shares information with passing cars and pedestrians, including the weather
- EV contains Qualcom technology including Snapdragon digital chassis
- Sony's best in class entertainment technology is built into the car including Playstation, movies, music and gaming
- Sony Honda Mobility is focused on online sales of Afeela and wants customers to participate in the product development process.
When Can I Buy One?
The EV can be pre-ordered in 2025 and the first deliveries to customers begin in spring 2026.