BMW's Digital Concept Car - No PipeDream
BMW i Vision Dee
Sedan Concept: Color Changing, Mobile Digital Display
BMW unveiled at CES 2023 an extraordinary, new concept car, BMW i Vision Dee, that is literally a color-changing infotainment center on wheels. Here are the key facts and features:
- The EV sedan Dee stands for digital emotional experiences
- Dee's front grill area, windshield and windows can display information and entertainment
- Various parts of the car can display different colors simultaneously
- iVision Dee comes in two versions
- One version contains body panels that change colors through i Ink
- Another version communicates via a "user interface" and displays colors, symbols and infotainment both inside and on the outside of the car
- The front grill and headlights are a huge display that can showcase different shapes, communications and colors
- The side windows also function as displays
- BMW says the car can display moods and reactions to the driver and cars around it, such as showing happiness or surprise.
- 5 different modes of digital content are available including basic driving, augmented reality and virtual reality.
- Interior display spans the entire front windshield and is transparent so that it can show navigation tips as you are driving.