Ram's E-Pickup Revolution 1500
Revolution 1500 Pickup is Revolutionary
Debuts at CES 2023 Showcasing Unique Technologies
Interested in a pickup truck that can "Shadow Mode" and follow you when you're on foot and perhaps out looking for a lost dog? How about an electric pickup with Level 3 autonomous driving? These are some of the functionalities that the Ram Revolution 1500 delivers. It was just unveiled at the global technology show CES 2023 with a great deal of interest. Sounds like a concept from Stellantis' Ram brand that has a lot of potential in the electric truck market. It is designed to directly compete against Ford 150-Lighting, Rivian and Tesla's Cybertruck.
Tech Performance Expectations
This is a concept and details are sketchy. But here's what we know:
- There are 2 electric motors on the front and rear axles for 4-wheel drive
- It's expected to deliver at least 563 hp, 775 ft-lbs of torque and the capacity to tow 10,000 pounds
- Range on a charge of 250 to 300 miles
- Very large cabin with two rows of seats and another row of seats in the bed of the truck
- Big 24" wheels in 36" tires
- 28" dual display screens with bottom screen detachable as a tablet
- Shadow mode that allows the truck to follow the driver while on foot
- Level 3 autonomous driving.
The Ram Brand and new concept Revolution 1500 are getting a great deal of interest from automotive experts. Revolution 1500 appears to be a great candidate for Ram to put into commercial production.