MG's New Hydrogen Car
New Energy Vehicles
Source: MG Euniq 7
SAIC, MG Motor & MG Motor India Collaboration
Iconic British automaker MG, its Chinese owner SAIC and MG India are developing New Energy Vehicles (NEVs) including a new hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicle called EUNIQ 7. Here are the pertinent details:
- EUNIQ 7 is a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) powered by hydrogen fuel cell technology that was just unveiled at Auto Expo in India
- It's powered by SAIC's unique PROME P390 3-G hydrogen power system that provides integrated design, high power density and can be used across a range of vehicles including cars, buses & trucks
- EUNIQ 7 has a 92-kW battery system and a 6.4 kg (14.1 lb) hydrogen fuel cell tank
- Range on a charge of 605 km or 376 miles
- Advantages of hydrogen fuel: pollution free, high efficiency, fast fill-ups, long range, longer battery life
- Disadvantage of hydrogen fuel: lack of hydrogen fill-up station infrastructure system, particularly in the US
- Euniq is the international result of the unique automotive strengths of China's SAIC, the UK's MG Motor and MG Motor India.
- EUNIQ has 2+2+3 seating, full panoramic roof, all digital driver's display, electronic parking brakes & more
- The only emission from the vehicle is water.